Anyone can become critical thinker. All it takes is the love of science, the right state of mind, and some guidance from other folks who are already critically aware. You will not find scientific truth here; but, you may find needed improvements in theory and more reliable predictive models. You will find how to become and stay critically thinking via a community of critical thinkers who make their home in natural philosophy.
Being a critical thinker means:
- Recognizing that Big Physics and Big Cosmology as taught today have major problems and understanding those problems
- Recognizing that we are in model revolution where critical thinkers are coming up with new models to replace current theory
- Recognizing and studying new theories and models being proposed to fix Big Science’s problems by today’s critical thinkers
- Joining in the process of pushing science forward by helping support, disseminate, critique, and propose new solutions and new directions in science
Critical thinkers are those people who engage in the following behavior:
- Investigate all claims themselves to make their own educated decision
- Read the content of someone’s proposal, thesis, theory, paper, book, or idea without import of the social or scientific position of the author
- Never let the pressure of others influence one’s decision as to what is viable
- Always investigate thoroughly and with an open mind all scientific proposals no matter how established or how unknown
- Understand that all of science can be questioned at any level at any time
- Respect other’s work even if you do not agree with it
- Help each other become better critical thinkers
The second important part of being a critical thinker is the understanding that mainstream science is quite problematic and that we are in a time of paradigm shift. Here are some of the major problem areas in mainstream science:
New Models and Theories
Being critical thinker in the 20th and 21st century is not new. There are thousands of scientists, professors, engineers, and layman who have been working outside the mainstream for decades who have:
This website will help you learn about these exciting new theories and models.
Before there was astrophysics physics evangelists, and super specialization, there was natural philosophy: the study of the philosophy or rules of nature. In order to get back to our natural philosophy roots and away from genius worship, we have constructed the house of natural philosophy which provides a foundation for critical thinkers to become critical of science. This includes:
- A Natural Philosophy Wikipedia of critical thinkers work and criticisms of mainstream science
- A Natural Philosophy Forum to discuss science with other critical thinkers
- A free Online Natural Philosophy University to learn about the latest theories and new historical perspectives to get and keep you critically thinking (still under construction)
- A website and decades old organization of critical thinkers from around the world
All under the domain of naturalphilosophy.org run by the John Chappell Natural Philosophy Society.
You Can Be “Critically Aware”
This website is here to help you become a critical thinker by making you into a critical thinker under the roof of natural philosophy.
You have come to the right place and your journey starts now!